Satisfying a Passionate Palate in Sushi Zanmai and Chai Yó - A Food Review

A getaway in one place to satisfy crave and get rid of the stress.

Where else in Subang Jaya that is very convenient for shopping, hanging out and eating out altogether? Sunway Pyramid is the place we all can think of. With many restaurants and shopping kiosks ranging for the ones with tight budget, to the ones who are extravagant. Especially on weekend, it is a great place for crowd lover.

Now I have reviewed this restaurant in earlier post, like what I have said I had visited this restaurant quite a number of times with my friends. They have a lot of dishes they can offer and even until now, I have not tried them all. But there are certain items that I can call my favorites.

Yasai Itame
Pan fried mixed vegetables (RM 7.80)

I know that this choice in Japanese cuisine seems rather boring, but to me, this can be my money saver. It is kind of fulfilling as the portion is quite big and tastes quite good. Unfortunately on this picture it does not look like a big portion. As I mentioned, sometimes the standard they have is a little bit unsteady. This time I got my Yasai Itame not as much as I used to have it.

But the taste was good as usual. It is not too salty as per my taste, but if you like it saltier you can add some soyu that’s provided on your table. The crunchiness of the cabbage and sweetness from the carrot can be noticed, they always cook it well.
Worth it?



Spicy Salmon Maki
Salmon & Spicy Mayonnaise (RM7.80)

This has been my all-time favorite. Spicy Salmon Maki is perfect for a raw salmon lover, unless you hate mayonnaise and avoiding rice. The taste is really good and well-seasoned. They topped it with some green Tobiko that adds a hint of mild wasabi. Don’t worry if you don’t like wasabi at all, because me (translate: a girl who take Wasabi as a horror) can eat it. The mayonnaise balanced the taste of the wasabi, so it is not that horror strong.

Try to dip it in your Shoyu lightly so you will not get the taste over-seasoned, or you can just eat it without dipping.
Worth it?

Friend: "Hey pal, look at the camera!"
Me: *too focused*
  

Salmon Head
Half Salmon Head Grilled 
with teriyaki sauce (RM 15.80)

Not everyone have a palate for salmon head, but actually the meat of salmon head is tender and not dry. It takes practices to master the art of eating salmon head, unless you are already a master in eating of course.

Sushi Zanmai offers your Salmon Head in Teriyaki sauce glaze, or you can simply have it seasoned with salt – which will come with a slice of lemon. The portion is really fulfilling as you know how big a salmon head is. And what makes the price worth it is on how they cook it to perfection. The grilling doesn’t leave any burnt bitter flakes, and the glaze tastes good enough to complete it.  
Worth it?



Then after I fulfilled my tummy with savories, I was looking for something sweet for my sweet tooth. We were just wondering around, passing clothing shops, until we stumbled on a new looking shop called Chai Yó. Not sure what they are selling, we approached the stall. The first thing you can notice is the big jars they showcased behind the counter. At first it didn’t look intriguing to me. But after we went through the menu, we were absolutely stunted with the drink they offer. It is really unique because the make their own blend of tea, from the leaves, flowers, fruits, even cookies are one of their ingredient in their blend. The staffs were really friendly and actually selling with passion. We can take a look inside the jar and smell the blend. So if you are in dilemma on which to have, you can compare the smell and choose what you prefer the most (or buy 2 drinks instead, why not?).

Image from: http://www.chaiyotea.com/menu/

In their menu, we can choose if we want our drink to be a hot one, cold, in teapot (they call it ceremony), or make it into frappe for every drink they have. And what makes Chai Yó extra, is that we can choose either Rice, Almond, Soy, or normal cow milk to include in our drink if you want additional milk. Furthermore, they offer honey or stevia if you are avoiding normal table sugar. All with no additional charge, except the bubble pearls. This is a great option for those who are vegan, lactose intolerant, diabetic, and it is friendly to many diet restriction (depends on what type of diet you have).


I bought the Cinnamon Rose Chai, frappe, with stevia. It costed me RM 11.90 and I think it was absolutely worth it. The taste of the unique blend was ultimately great and refreshing. I didn’t ask for milk in my drink, but as they made it into frappe, I could taste the natural creaminess out of their blend. And note this, not every place can make a good frappe because it's not easy to make the smooth icy texture, however, theirs is as smooth as snow. I could taste the rose and the spices in chai itself, and none of the ingredient was to overpower the other.

If you passed by this store, I would recommend you to try it.
Worth it?

Comments

  1. writing with a tinge of humour. kudos, you have developed your own writing style.
    content 7, language 6

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts